Blackwater Writing Project

August 31, 2007

Heat, Spider, MRSA...what a year!

Hello All!

To quote a famous American, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated!" I hate to have missed the social last night, especially since it was in my "neck of the woods". I have had a couple of challenges of late. After having recieved a few e mails asking about my situation, I figured the blog would be the best, quickest way to communicate with all my "peeps"!
A quick overview: August 10 - I was bitten (yet again) by a recluse on the "upper left hip". Fill in the proper definition if you must. August 15 - After several days of attempted self-treatment, I was convinced by my dearly beloved to go see a doctor. By this time the overall wound and affected area was 27 cm across and 6.5 deep. It affected my Sciatic nerve, the one that runs the entire leg. Another day and gimpy forever. By this time, MRSA (you know, the flesh-eating bacteria) had set in for a visit. A week in isolation and 43 bags of antibiotic later, and on the 21st I am allowed to come home. I have had a week of home rest and a week of my 'darlins' at school, and am recovering well.
As far as the topic, yes folks, the heat be a killer! And I agree that we are now whimps, with no acclimation to protect us. If the air dies, we die with it! I am looking forward to writing each week, whether by 'net or in person. See Ya!
Joel

3 Comments:

  • And I thought you were kidding about reports of your death. . . Wow! Ok. It is time to learn the lesson: Posinous spiders are not our friends and we do not need to play with them. Speaking of that, kids were playing with a Brown Widow on our playground the other day. They were picking it up and letting it go down the slide. Luckily no one got hurt. Take care! (Literally)

    By Blogger kade, at 8:41 AM  

  • Joel, you really shouldn't make me laugh when I'm reading about how sick you were. Upper left hip, indeed!

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 3:36 PM  

  • Crazy - crazy... I read this aloud to my daughter at college. We are both freaked out by the idea of hidden spiders stalking us out there in the great unknown. Take care and we hope you continue to fully recover.

    By Blogger Sheri, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home