Blackwater Writing Project

August 24, 2007

New Topic--Red Hot Summer

Thank you for all of you who posted this week! I know life is outrageously busy, so I really appreciate your taking a few minutes to keep our blog going.

Ok, well, I'm sitting in air conditioning with two ceiling fans blowing on me and big, fat droplets of sweat are still sliding down my neck. What is the deal with this heat? (I just want it on record that I voted for Al Gore for President.)

Does anyone remember any summer that has been hotter? (And I don't even live in Valdosta.) The other day, the powers that be decided we needed to conserve energy, so they set the air condiitoners in the school buildings to go off after 12:00 at night and turn on at 5:00 in the morning. We think someone reversed the time because the air turned off during the day and turned on during the night. I thought we were going to lose our secretaries and administration to a series of heat strokes.

So, let's spend Sunday evening contemplating on the Red Hot Summer. Maybe you want to talk about this summer. Maybe you want to talk about the summer of your first love. Maybe you want to talk about the summer you were sizzling with great ideas or achievements. Perhaps you want to rant and rave about global warming. It matters not how you diverse as long as you send your thoughts our way. Look forward to reading you! Take care and stay cool!

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for doing this, Katie.

    We have those same kind of air conditioning glitches here during the summer sometimes. In 2006 we actually lost power across campus for half a day during the Summer Institute. Yuck.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 10:52 AM  

  • Can I just say that one of the many great things about HMS is that I am the queen of the air conditioner and that I am at liberty to freeze my students?

    By Blogger eromler, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home