Blackwater Writing Project

August 13, 2007

Childhood Dreams

You know, I actually wanted to be a jockey until I was about ten years old. That's right, those short, stinky guys who ride horses but get hardly any of the fame. I was THAT crazy about horses. I owned two horses, broke them both and had to leave them when we left Mississippi, which broke my heart.

That reminds me of my nephew Phillip. This kid is a MESS. If you make him upset, he doesn't hit or yell, no. His face screws up and big crocodile tears begin to leak as he cries, "Kiki, you broke my heart!" (Kiki, by the way, has been his name for me since he was old enough to not be able to say "Aunt Kat."

3 Comments:

  • Hmm, I can see you as a jockey in a brightly colored outfit screaming at other riders...hehe, you make me laugh.

    By Blogger blindsi, at 7:48 PM  

  • So Phillip is kind of like Amber on Big Brother?

    Yeah, I'm with Lindsi. I like the image of you as a riding peacock.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 7:28 AM  

  • I can see your red hair flying free now.

    By Blogger kade, at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home