Blackwater Writing Project

August 13, 2007

Dream big

I can still see it all pretty clearly. I am up on stage with the most kick ass rock band ever assembled. I am wearing a red and black plaid kilt, combat boots, a thin, tight black t-shirt (I'll be ripping it of soon anyway) that reads "white trash wannabe," and a Jiffy Store mesh trucker hat that says "sold out." I start to sing, and I can barely hear myself over the crowd singing my song. People keep jumping up to the stage, and I keep kicking them back ninja style. The music gets more and more tribal, like some sick mix of rusted root meets Henry Rollins. I just start shouting out random crap that makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with the song I was singing, but the crowd loves it and the band keeps playing. So I guess I am kinda living my dream without the cool clothes and literal kicks to the head. I hope everybody's year is going as great as mine. It's amazing how the SI never fails to pump me up and throw me back into the fire!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home