Blackwater Writing Project

August 16, 2007

write night

Tonight I'm in my corner, upstairs, by myself. The clock is ticking away and I haven't eaten supper yet. (The Wheat Thins and dip don't count.) That's one of the things I like about being a grown up...I can eat what I want. Sometimes I have dessert for supper. But tonight it might be PBJ. My stubborn dog, Buttercup, and I have Obedience Class soon so I couldn't make it to Hildies. I have to wonder who is being trained. She's acting just like a teenager...loving one minute, but ask her to do something and she turns her head and ignores me. It's bad enough that I have "issues" but I have a dog who does, too. I'm tired, Buttercup. My body aches, I'm tired. I've run all over town today and haven't hit a lick at my thesis. I'm tired of that, too. Buttercup, how about finishing that blasted Chapter 3 for me? I've got treats for you. Buttercup, oh Buttercup.

Growing up is highly overrated. I did it once and didn't like it. I think I'll be a kid again. Where's the peanut butter and jelly? I hope I have bread!

2 Comments:

  • I wondered where you are. I feared that you didn't know about the meeting. I sent the newsletter out early in August, but apparently something went wrong in the process.

    I'm glad to see that you joined us on the blog. Oh, Buttercup!

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 11:04 AM  

  • Oops, Wes is Donna. I know. It's weird.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home