Blackwater Writing Project

August 19, 2007

New Topic for the Week--school beginnings

Sorry I missed you last week. I had major trouble getting into the blog. I thought it was my human brain, but it turned out to be my computer brain. So, it sounded as if everyone was very busy these last two weeks. I know I was! My brain was mush and still is trying to recover. So the natural topic for this week seems to be school beginnings. Not very original, but I thought we might like to touch base with that topic just to see where everyone is right now.

I have had the best first two weeks I have ever had and I owe a lot of it to the class this summer. We are really doing all those things I said we would do. The principal is supporting the project by allowing us to work on it in our study groups. The kids absolutely love everything we have done so far. One little girl wrote me a letter that said, "If it weren't for you class, I wouldn't want to get up every morning."

I also have collaborated with 5th grade on a writing project. The special ed teacher said that was the first time she had ever seen some of those kids smile and participate. So, other than having the worst cold of the century, life is good. So, post those blogs and share those stories!

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for doing this. I think it will be a neat addition to our community.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home