Blackwater Writing Project

June 15, 2007

Draft of scene

Stage directions: ElyseAnchell, Victoria Nelson, Jackson Black, and Nigel Death are at the captain’s table for dinner. Detective Anchell glares at the captain.

Anchell: Captain, is this sour apple martini safe to drink?

Captain: Of course it is. My bartender’s top notch, and I added a special ingredient for you.

The captain smiles at Victoria, his beautiful pregnant mistres.

Anchell sets down her drink.

Jackson: Drink up. The more you drink, the sooner you fall into my arms.

Anchell displays her ring ostentatiously, trying to keep Jackson at bay.

Nigel perches nervously on the edge of our chair.

Anchell demands: What do you know about the crime? You look quite nervous.

Nigel: Excuse me. I’m tired. It must have been something I ate or drink.

Victoria: That’s a great idea. Captain, let’s go back to our room.

Nigel, Victoria, and the Captain leave.

Jackson: Perfect. Now we can be alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home