Blackwater Writing Project

June 15, 2007

I'd Rather Not

Okay, so I'm in the same dilemna I'm in everytime we play this game at the house. I have too many questions! I need a moderator to fill in the blanks for me because they seem to have left all of the deciding factors off of the card. Here, let's analyze this question:

"Would you rather ride from Los Angeles strapped to the landing gear (but not the wheel) of an airliner in July (with oxygen to breathe) -OR- take the same trip strapped to the grill of an 18 wheeler in December?"

Well, I'd rather not do either one, but since that's not a choice, and I sound like one of my students, let us begin.

1) I'm going to need to know the estimated air temperature in for both choices. July should be warmer, but at 10,000 feet, is anything actually warm other than the jet engines?
2) Are we travelling during the day or night? Because that's going to impact the temperature as well, and I think I'd rather not see if I'm in the air, but I'm pretty sure the lights on the freeway combined with the windspeed would give me a headache.
3) Is the landing gear going to be raised during the trip? I mean it normally is, and that pretty much puts me inside, which sounds gravy.
4)What are the bugs like in LA in December? If I'm making the same trip in south Georgia in August, I'll take the plane ride any day. Or a face mask. I do not relish eating bugs...but then what if I run into a bird while I'm on the landing gear. Would you rather be hit by a bug in the mouth or a bird in the gut at high speed? There's a question for the next edition.
5) Can we take the grill off of the 18 wheeler and place it in the trailer? Then, technically I've me the requirement, but haven't had to eat bugs, freeze, or...wait a minute
6) How hot is the grill of the truck going to get if it's in front of the engine? Am I going to roast alive on a major highway?

Okay, short of getting planted with a bird in the gut, and if the temperature is bearable, I think I've got to go with the landing gear. At least this way I'll get there faster, and if I die, I think my body has a better chance of minimal damage. Unless the birds get me...I hate birds.

2 Comments:

  • So it looks like the Germans have reclaimed their voices . . .

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:14 AM  

  • Well, either way you don't have to deal with people.

    By Blogger Sonya, at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home