Blackwater Writing Project

June 15, 2007

Shiver Me Timbers

Would you rather see in only two dimensions or hear only what you’re looking at?

Of course, I want neither of these fates, but forced to choose, I’d opt to hear less. After all, there are some perks here. No more listening to other people’s cell phone conversations—just turn my head, and their babble disappears. Instead of telling people to shut up in my head, I just turn my head—instant quiet from that direction. Um, yeah, I’m kind of talking myself into this power now. Yes, I see the drawback. I could step into the road and not hear the horn blowing to warn me to jump out of the way, but really, if I step into traffic, shouldn’t natural selection take over anyway?

However, I don’t want my husband to have this ability. Then I couldn’t yell from another room for him to bring me a fudgsicle. What kind of life is that?

I'm switching to pirates now. I was struggling with the whole pirate name thing, so I googled Pirate name (http://www.piratequiz.com/). This quiz game me this name: Iron Jenny Bonney. Not completely sold on that name, I decided to try other online quizzes. On another page, I got Slashing Cynthia Jones, which I kind of like. Then the Internet booted me off. I guess VSU Hallnet discriminates against pirates. I also wanted to generate some pirate phrases, but it’s almost time to reconvene.

5 Comments:

  • That's funny!!!!We should all go on-line and get pirate names.

    By Blogger agaither, at 9:14 AM  

  • I love the part about stepping into traffic. I mean, not about you doing it, but . . . you know what I mean.

    Why don't you be Dangerous Donna Dinkle, mistress of the high seas?

    By Blogger Kat, at 9:15 AM  

  • My name is Red Anne Read!!! Yea!!

    By Blogger blindsi, at 9:18 AM  

  • http://www.mess.be/pirate-names-female.php

    This is a cute site to get a pirate name. What about Jolly Lizzie Or Yardam Constance?

    By Blogger Kathy, at 9:20 AM  

  • My pirate name is Dirty Anne Rackham (RACKem).

    By Blogger agaither, at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home