Blackwater Writing Project

February 09, 2010

V-Day!

I have never really been someone to make a big deal out of Valentine's Day. Although, I do like to acknowledge it. I think I would get a little upset if my boyfriend let it go by unnoticed, even though I always tell him it is no big deal to me. Mind games, I guess. I always love browsing the V-day card isle. I stood in Target today laughing hysterically at some of the "Hot and Steamy" cards...seriously, that was their label. I realized I should probably quit when a little girl in my class waved at me. The mushy cards are never fun to read, and I would feel outrageously cheesy if I gave one away. When it comes to cards, I have a tendency to make my own. They seem more special...

2 Comments:

  • I like that you're using red font to write about this topic. Like you, I LOVE reading cards at Target, all of them, especially the funny ones. I can't buy serious or sappy cards for anyone, only funny ones.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:59 PM  

  • Aww, I think it is sweet that you make your own cards. One Valentines I made a coupon book for my husband with various things listed. Sad part is that I don 't think we actually used them!

    By Blogger Mary Poppins, at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home