Blackwater Writing Project

February 09, 2010

I have to agree with Donna. I am competely anti-Valentine's Day. In past years, I've "celebrated" this day by wearing all black. Yes, bitter party of one, but really??? Do we really have to wear pink and smile and hug all day?? Anyone who knows me, knows how anti-social I am and how much I love my personal space. Which leads me to wonder what in the world I'm doing teaching elementary school - the one job where I am actually forced to celebrate this holiday. I've even bought the silly V-cards to hand out to my kids at our, yes, Valentine's Day Party where we will eat heart shaped candy, watch Valentine's cartoons, and make bags with hearts all over them to drop our cards into. I know, such a dedicated teacher.

Oh well, it is an excuse to get flowers and presents ... always a fabulous thing in my book so maybe not all bad. :)

2 Comments:

  • I'm still traumatized by the Valentine exchange! They should outlaw it!

    That makes me laugh to think of you wearing all black on Valentine's Day. I love this "dark" side of you. :) Maybe Breah was dead on with the "Sasha" nickname. (Beyonce ain't got nothing on you!)

    By Blogger eromler, at 7:25 PM  

  • I was surprised to see you call yourself anti-social. I would have said shy rather than anti-social. Welcome to the club. I didn't know there were too many more introverts in the group. Yay, Amy!

    I like the image of Amy in black, kind of like Ninja Amy; yeah, I'll be playing with that image for a while.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home