Blackwater Writing Project

February 09, 2010

Me being mean...

Okay, first, I’m late posting, so I’m sorry! Now, on to my thoughts. First, I question the idea of “true lover’s holiday” because I’m not sure that “true love” exists. I guess I’m growing cynical in my old age, but I think it is a load of crap. Women get their hopes up for perfect gifts, and they get a clothes folder like clothing stores use. Yes, I got that one year because my husband said he thought I might like to improve the way I fold clothes. HELLO!! That was the LAST time I folded any of his clothes. Women, I say women because I don’t think men are this way, build up this day and expect their husbands, boyfriends, or whomever to send the perfect gift, flowers, or some other thing that is usually dead or eaten in a few days. If you are really in love with someone, every day should be Valentine ’s Day. Why wait until one day a year to say, “Oh, by the way honey, I know I haven’t told you all year, but I love you.” What is up with that? So, to answer the questions, load of crap if you don’t live it every day!

1 Comments:

  • You said it so much more succinctly than I did. Definitely, you gotta live that love every day, or it's not true. It's good to hear from you, Mary Poppins.

    Have you seen the JCPenny ad called The Doghouse? You can find it on YouTube. It's about husbands who buy the wrong gifts. It's pretty funny, and it has given me and wes and new insult, "Dualbag."

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home