Blackwater Writing Project

June 25, 2009

Ode to Brenda's Breakfast

Oh breakfast casserole with sausage inside
Covered with cheese, my love can't be denied.
Flecks of bell pepper, sprinkled throughout,
Touch this plate, and you'll hear me shout!

A pan of cake with cream cheese in the middle.
Why would anyone want to be fit as a fiddle?
Some pecans in this, some sugar in that.
Is that my butt I hear growing fat?

Tomato cheese grits
With bacony bits
Brenda's breakfast sends us all into fits!

Short, sweet, and pretty cheesy, but this mornings breakfast was definitely inspirational. Why must I have breakfast on the last day of the institute????!!!!!

4 Comments:

  • I love the poem. I'm sure there was no pun on cheesy!

    By Blogger Mary Poppins, at 9:13 AM  

  • IS ther any way that we can have like an AA for BWP members that get addicted the huge breakfasts while we are here? I never even ate breakfast...and now here I am eating one of EVERYTHING on Brenda's Breakfast Buffet!

    By Blogger Jennifer Swain, at 9:14 AM  

  • I am the same way. It is going to be hard getting use to not having the huge spreads every morning. I wonder if we can create a support group? We can call it Coping with Life after BWP.

    By Blogger The Man, at 9:52 AM  

  • Ya'll are soooo funny!! I am glad you enjoyed b'fast. I enjoy cooking.

    By Blogger Dr. D's Musings, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home