Blackwater Writing Project

June 23, 2008

Two Dreams (unedited)

The Escape

My cat ran away to find a mate. I tried to catch her, but in the process, accidentally strangled her. Then I realized that she was just an offshoot of a plant, which had two extra buds. She was not really dead as long as the two buds were alive. The buds were yellow.



The Potion

A woman in a marketplace tried to sell me a potion, which would "make every eye turn toward you, and every eye turn away." I refused, but as I left, she must have spilled a tiny bit on my clothing.

I instantly noticed men, noticing me. Every man who passed turned his gaze to meet mine, their hair dark, their eyes searching for something only I had. This was the first day.

The second day, my travelling companion (a woman) began to behave strangely. She was cold, distant; something on her face was worrying me. She decided to go her own way and leave me to the mercy of the city. Men were still watching me from every corner of every street. And I knew she knew.

The third day was men. Everywhere. There were no women. The earth was men. They all saw me. I was the only one who was different. This made me both exotic and threatening.

There was no one else. I was all alone. I was a woman.

1 Comments:

  • Yay, Andrea's back. We were just talking yesterday about missing you. Yesterday, I had a computer that you had used. It had a digital file of Chester, the sock puppet and one of your freewrites. Cool stuff.

    Are you still in Valdosta? Aren't you and the band hitting the road? Send me or Lindsi or Rebecca (the new Adam) an email filling us in, and we'll share the news.

    Shane is the new Andrea. He's putting together the yearbook/slide show for this year and raising the bar for breakfast.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home