Blackwater Writing Project

April 13, 2010

Fool's

Like previously stated, I'm not one for jumping on the bandwagon. That's why I really can't stand things like April Fool's Day or National Karaoke Week. Yes, that last one is this month. I guess I just don't like campy. Why do we have holidays every month? And I seriously heard a commercial a few years ago for Nation Bran Week. Why?!? I don't know where people come up with these things. It's all I can do to remember birthdays and Mother and Father's days. I guess it seems sort of silly that we have all of these holidays and April Fools is the most absurd.

5 Comments:

  • I actually like the campy holidays: National Give Your Dog a Bath Day or Pet Rock Day. Now those are some holidays I can support, but April Fools' Day is too big. Is like St. Patrick's Day being relegated to the chance to pinch people. Seriously, you don't want to try that. I think I would hit someone before I realized it.

    Valentine's Day is the only holiday I actually despise. And then there are holidays I adore, such as Easter, because they bring together my whole family. And I especially love our made-up holidays, such as candy-making day (second Saturday in December). Yep, I'm a bit of a sucker, except for Valentine's Day.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 8:53 PM  

  • I can get behind funny holidays! I'm going to have to look up those two you just mentioned. They sound great!

    By Blogger Darcy, at 10:22 PM  

  • I think my birthday should be a holiday and it should last the whole week. Does that count as campy or fun?

    By Blogger Nikki, at 10:25 PM  

  • Actually, Darcy, I made those up because I was too lazy to look up any, but there are some awesome ones!

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 11:13 PM  

  • The we should start National Pet Rock Day. I think this country has gone on far too long without recognizes the significant cultural, political, and economical influences Pet Rocks have had on us. Who's with me?

    By Blogger Darcy, at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home