Blackwater Writing Project

March 09, 2010

My Stress List, which is creating more stress by having to create it!

Where should I begin. I try not to read other posts before I do mine so I won't influenced, but I glanced down the list and saw that some people used a list format, so I will follow their direction:
1. The first thing that is stressing me is that I'm at Chick-fil-a on kid's night, trying to type this, while I watch to make sure no one abducts my children, and all the while my 15 year old is continually talking to me. Also, my son has a balloon sword that he is using to hit me and others in the head. Nice.
2. The fact that I'm raising three children on my own, while my husband enjoys gifts from everyone in American, watches movies when they first comes out, and basically wants the world to believe it is so hard, when in reality he is having the time of his life.
3. Preparing for the purchase of a pony. We will be getting him at the end of the month, and I haven't built a barn or fence yet, but I'm about to get busy.
4. Society's obsession with weight and fitness, which transfers to me. I'm walking 5 miles a day and still don't feel that I'm doing enough.
5. Trying to determine the fate of my marriage - There is too much to write about that, so I will save that for another time.
6. Working on units for a school at which I don't even work and am not being paid, but I have to commit time to spend at the school to help write the units.
7. Teaching my 15 year old to drive a stick shift truck.
8. Determining where to send my five year old to school next year.
9. Updating my daughter's home school curriculum website when I've slacked off for a couple of weeks, so now I'm avoiding it like the plague. I've got to get it updated.
10. The fact that it will rain tomorrow and I won't be able to exercise. In my mind that means I will gain 10 pounds in one day.
11. Trying to figure out where I will work next year.
12. My mother being sick all the time, requiring lots of my attention.
13. My mother spoiling my children so much that they will listen to NOTHING she says to them.
14. Will the babysitter take good enough care of the kids while I'm gone.
15. Should I go see my Granny, who is 88, even though she is sick, lives in the hood, and is so feeble that taking care of her is like having an extra child.
16. Will my kids be irrevocably harmed if their father and I are no longer married?

Okay, making this list added to my stress! So, I'm going to close it now.

4 Comments:

  • I remember when my parents taught me to drive stick. We didn't have one, so I convinced them to go to different car dealerships and pretend they were looking for a second car. One would drive it off the lot and then once we got a few blocks away, I'd get in the driver's seat. It worked pretty well.

    By Blogger Darcy, at 10:33 AM  

  • Aww, Mary Poppins! There's got to be something in your bag for all of this! Let me know if you need to vent-we'll even eat somewhere healthy to do it if it makes you feel better!

    By Blogger blindsi, at 10:38 AM  

  • I'm sorry the list didn't work for you. I usually feel better once I write it all down. And I chuckled as I pictured your son hitting you in the head as your typing. Supermom and SuperBWPer, typing away despite all the distrations!

    I'm also sorry that you've got some pretty big stressors in your life right now. You'll be in my prayers.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 12:06 PM  

  • First, Chick Fil A on kids night is always a nightmare.

    My stressors mirror yours for #4 and #10--but I don't pretend to exercise (much)!

    And #5 is a tough decision (TRUST ME) and #16 is a big, fat no. Promise.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home