Blackwater Writing Project

September 16, 2009

Kids Things Say . . . Maybe, Maybe Not

Don't have kids unless you count Lorelai. In that case, the only thing that I could write out would sound like this:
My mom: No, Lorelai, you can't have any peanut butter.
Lorelai: Arh ruv roo, moh mah.

Anyways, the only thing that I could write about and not get sued over is something that I overhead a little girl say to her dad in Atlanta-Hartsfield. (Forgive me, Donna. You've already heard this one.) I was headed down the concourse, and I heard her say, "You never tell the truth about anything." I couldn't help but smile as her father proceeded to try to justify not always telling the truth.

Since I am a rebel, I'll share with you a gem from my Spanish class. My professor was calling the roll.
Professor: Ricky
Student: Here
Professor: [Laughs to herself] That's funny. The next student on the roll's name is Martin.
[Half the class laughs. The other class is trying to figure out what is so funny.]
Professor: Martin [Class laughs. Professor continues calling the roll.] Ricardo. You know he just had twins. I mean he adopted them, a surrogate had them. [Class is confused because they think she is talking about the student, Ricardo.] Ricky Martin, I mean.

I love Spanish class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home