Blackwater Writing Project

September 14, 2009

College Kids

Well, I didn't have too many good stories tonight--I'm not sure what happened. But the Georgia on My Mind smoothie was excellent!

Here's all I've got.

I walked into class today to see a student wearing a huge leg brace.

"What happened?" I asked while I dropped my books and supplies on the teacher's desk and started returning essays.

"I hurt it playing soccer," he replied, shifting in his chair.

"That's the best you've got?" I asked, frowning.

"I knew you were gonna say that!" he exclaimed and laughed. Then he proceeded to tell an elaborate tale of running from a mob enforcer, a convoluted tale that was much more interesting. Apparently, I'm known for encouraging lies or--as I prefer to call it--entertainment.

1 Comments:

  • More of that, "Be careful what you wish for." Have to admit, the real story was boring. LOL

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home