Blackwater Writing Project

September 14, 2009

Lines from Anna

So, Anna is coming into her own little personality. Here are some of her quotes from the past few weeks.

1. "Mama, my pants dry!" (As she holds a dry pull-up in her hand and stands next to a big wet spot in her crib.)

2. "Dora, sit down! Eat supper! I spank you!" (Must have got this from someone else-not me!)

3. "I wike chicken...I wike chips...I no wike yoyur!" (yogurt)

4. "I wan baby sister! I wan baby brover!" (Tough stuff sugar puff!)

5. "Hush baby-go to sleep!" (Talking to her animals in her crib.)

6. "My Dora...Mama no take her" (After I threatened to take Dora if she stripped her pants off in bed again.)

7. And my favorite "I wub wu too Mama"

Yes, you have been subjected to a list of random things said by an almost-two-year-old. But, I think they're cute, so you get to be her extended audience. Other cute kid things from the past few weeks:

8. Dawson while swimming with their neighbor's daughter:
"Where's your weiner?" Shocked, she replied, "I don't have one!"
Dawson's response, "Well how do you pee?!"

9. Karli saying her prayers "...and thank you for my flip-flops"

10. Caroline in church "Amen, let's go home!" (at the end of the opening prayer)

11. Grant in Bible class, "Ms. Lindsi, exactly why do I need to know who the apostles are?"

Somehow great kid stories seem to happen at church. Maybe because adults are often so busy being serious that we forget that kids may not understand what's happening. Or maybe they've got a better idea about what's going on than we do. Either way, they say (and do) some crazy stuff. Sunday we gave Anna a dollar to put in the collection plate. She tried to keep her dollar and put in her empty fruit snack wrapper instead. When I tried to explain that we were giving money to God, she replied, "But God hungy Mama!"

3 Comments:

  • You forgot "Boom, boom, boom" with each step down the stairs! That's what happens when you leave your young'un with me. Oh, and we also read grammar kids' book . . .

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 7:39 PM  

  • I'm so impressed that you can keep track of them all! I seriously need to walk around with a recorder for my kids. We would definitely win America's Funniest Videos!

    By Blogger Mary Poppins, at 9:04 PM  

  • I agree with Karli; thank God for flip flops!

    By Blogger eromler, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home