Blackwater Writing Project

June 30, 2009

Writing Supplies and Weight

That's the short answer to what I carry: writing supplies and weight. I haven't been on a scale since the ISI started, and I don't intend to step on one until Wes re-hooks up the Wii Fit, which will definitely chastise me Mean Girls style: "Donna, you've haven't visited in two months!" or maybe "Wow, you've really porked it up, huh?" After I control my urge to throw the thing through the window, I'll start playing on it again.

Writing supplies: I keep a small notebook in my pocketbook for when I need to take notes wherever I am, maybe to-do lists or meeting notes. It's where I keep my shopping list for Christmas. And, of course, I always have pens, at least blue and black ink, but usually purple as well. I'm running low on colored ink pens, so I need to visit Office Max soon.

What else do I carry? A cell phone, particularly now as we await news of our nephew's birth. I always have my laptop with me during the Summer Institute, but other than the ISI or conferences, the laptop stays at home. I carry a book with me anytime I go to a doctor's office or to Wes's office or pretty much anywhere I may have to wait. Any time we go to Whigham or Moultrie to see family a book is in the car in case I decide to read to pass the time or to avoid seeing other people's bumpers up close and personal. Sometimes, I feel like I'm a car proctologist when I ride with Wes.

On a side note, the blog spellchecker doesn't recognize proctologist, but it suggested parasitologist instead. To quote Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers, "Really?!"

1 Comments:

  • I like car proctologist...parasitologist just scares me a litte. Not that the former is really comforting...

    By Blogger blindsi, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home