Blackwater Writing Project

June 29, 2009

Whatever happened to...

When did it become socially acceptable to become commonly rude? When did seeing how rude you can be to someone become such a game? It makes it hard to go in public at times because of the effort it takes to deal with the rude actions of people. Who died and said that it was okay to let your kids run wild, whine loudly and bother other people when in a restaurant? If my children misbehaved in public, not only would they lose the privilege of eating out, but of also doing whatever was planned afterward. When did the pendulum change and it suddenly became the thing to see how much disrespect you can show your teacher. One of the most draining aspects of being a teacher is the constantly evolving mind games that kids today play. Do they get up one morning and said “How can I make this day almost impossible for my teachers to deal with?
When did it become acceptable to act like a real patoot to those around you in the movie theater, the checkout line, even on the highway? There is like an unwritten code that the youth of today buy into that allows them to say what they think. What happened to moderation in all things. And appreciation of what you have because you worked hard for it? I am from the “good old days” and although there are many new things in society today that I appreciate and are becoming increasingly difficult to live with… rudeness, last of caring for people and possessions and loss of respect for positions that people hold are not among those.

P.S. Whatever happened to my brain...you know that saying "to just let your mind go...well, i did and it hasn't found its way back yet! I miss it!

3 Comments:

  • I agree. Some people are extremely rude. The one thing I hate about checkout lines is when the person behind me gets right up on me. I can't stand it! I feel like they are either rushing me along or stealing my credit card info.

    By Blogger ktatum, at 9:21 AM  

  • Yes, people need to respect my space bubble. Sometimes I step back and run into them, just to encourage them to back off. And I do an "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were that close to me" look very well.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:00 AM  

  • I love the name of "that look"... how cool it has one now!

    By Blogger Susan, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home