Blackwater Writing Project

August 29, 2008

Thanks

I just want to thank everyone at the BWP last year for helping me grow as a writer and teacher. Now that I'm teaching full time at VSU, I've used so much of the material that I first read/experienced with the BWP. For instance, just this the past week, my students read Anne Lamotte's "Shitty First Drafts." They loved it! They can relate to Lamotte, and she makes them laugh. Though I may not post on here often, I've kept up with the posts because they bring back a bit of that "summer camp" feeling.

Teaching full time is both harder and more rewarding than I ever dreamed. I know I wouldn't be staying afloat if it weren't for the help of my friends from BWP 2007.

1 Comments:

  • I want to add a new feature to the newsletter, poetry about teaching and writing, so maybe you can craft something for the next newsletter? Let me know.

    It's good to see your words occasionally. I'm always surprised by how busy teachers are, even though I should know by the know the cycles of my own teaching life.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home