Blackwater Writing Project

July 02, 2008

Really?

Um, so the first problem is that I signed into the blog and posted just a title. Really? That ignorant, huh? Now I'm editing the post, changing the title, and adding some content but confessing my ignorance, so maybe I should have just left the empty post up . . .

I like the part of Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update when Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers chastise someone by reading stuff about inappropriate behavior and say, "Really?" throughout the riff. I want to say that regularly.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Case in point: Rebecca's friend who can smoke cigarettes with his toes. Really? Yuck. Do you really want to put your feet in your mouth 'cause that's essentially what you're doing. Yuck again.

What else?

Um, I'm feeling the stress of the last real day:
  • VSU evaluations to complete
  • NWP evaluations to complete
  • Closing Ceremonies to finalize
  • poster presentations for other people to finish
  • legislative letters to mail
  • portfolios for other people to finish
  • matching funds forms
  • leadership and continuity survey
  • clothes to figure out for tomorrow (not how to wear them, but what to wear)

Yikes! This list is not helping.

2 Comments:

  • Um, you do say "really" regularly!

    It's almost over and you'll be at the beach next week. : )

    By Blogger blindsi, at 9:11 AM  

  • I agree with Lindsi, you do say really a lot... But I think it's funny because I do the same thing! That sketch is one of the funniest! Hope the beach trip went well.

    By Blogger Adam, at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home