Blackwater Writing Project

August 13, 2008

Summer Vacation


Okay Donna and Matt, I am officially jealous now. I was pleased with just being able to go to the beach. Don't get me wrong I love the beach, and I go whenever I get the opportunity. I really didn't do much as far as a vacation. I worked on things for my classroom and spent the afternoon by the pool. I did redo some of the demos from this summer and adapted them so I could use them in my classroom this year.


Speaking of this year, so far it has been wonderful. I started the year with a mission. I want my students to develop a love for writing. I also want to get to know my students through their writings and individual conversations. I think we are off to a good start. They seem to like to write and talk.


It is amazing that I have continued to write in my journal. I even bought a new one so I could begin keeping a "more personal feelings" type journal. A good idea or not, I will soon know. Have a wonderful school year.

2 Comments:

  • I didn't have much of a summer either. :( At least you got to go to the beach! I had to settle for the faux tan, which I have developed an addiction to. (I must not got to the tanning booth today . . . )

    Glad to hear your year is going well. We'll have to compare notes now that I'm teaching 8th grade. :)

    By Blogger eromler, at 2:13 PM  

  • I hope you'll be able to join us for Write Night--whether you join us in person or on the blog. Either one is fine. The regulars are Lindsi, Rebecca, Diana (newsletter editor), Vicki, and me, but we've had several people join us online.

    I'm glad you're reworking the demos. I playing with Tammy's candy bar comparison and contrast tomorrow as a way to teach students to develop criteria for a review. Their first paper is a movie review. We'll be watching Flags of Our Fathers.

    Anyway, talk to you soon . . .

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home