Blackwater Writing Project

August 02, 2008

Journal Writing continues!

Hi all, I had never kept much of a journal for anything before Blackwater, but I really liked the experience. I decided when I went on vacation to Italy last week that I would make journal entries each day of the trip as a way to remember what all I did and saw. Well, it got out of hand as far as length, but I am glad I stuck with it. I was able to capture a lot of minutiae that to me comprise the memories that surround any experience I have. Yes, I saw all the classical stuff in Rome, blah, blah, blah. But, I think little things like having a wreck in a parking lot at a hardware store in Terni and a Russian kid running around on the plane screaming,"I am THE Batman" are what create the experience. HAHAHA!

I am including a link to my journal on my other blog. I put the pictures first, then the journal.

Thanks, Matt B.

http://ursuluscaruscapillatusque.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

  • Matt,
    I can't waite to view your pictures and read some of your journal entries. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time. I would like to travel to Italy one day, but I have to get over the fear of flying first. I guess it isn't the fear of flying, but the airport things that sort of frighten me. Donna said she would help me with this. She promised not to leave me in the airport when we go to San Antonio in November. If it make it then, I will probably travel more when I have time.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 8:58 AM  

  • You went to Italy? I hate you.
    :( j/k I agree. I don't think it can get better than a Russian kid screaming "'I am the Batman.'" (Don't you love people watching?) I'll have to read your journals a little later; Galloway and I made a promise to get on the blog today since it was our first day back, and I'm tire-erd! :)

    By Blogger eromler, at 9:15 PM  

  • What? The guy who feeds the mold worries about what's on his socks at the airport? You're a bit contradictory, huh?

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home