Blackwater Writing Project

October 14, 2007

New Post--Wish you were here!

For the first time ever, I have a fall break. I am writing you from Paulding County. It is 40 degrees and I can actually see some red and yellow leaves from the window. We went to Fernbank to see the frogs. Andy, my 5 year old, loves frogs! We visited relatives and friends. We spent a wonderful afternoon at the aquarium and now we are about to head further up into the mountains. Fall break is a wonderful thing. I would recommend it to all of you school teachers out there. Demand it be added to your calendar.

Since I have never had a fall break before, I feel a little like I'm cutting school. A woman in Macon accused me of keeping my children out of school. I started to make up some wonderful story, but decided I better not; she might call Defacs on me. She didn't look as if she had a sense of humor.

So, for all of you who will be toiling away on Monday, I will think of you as I watch the water cascading over the rocks and search for multicolored leaves. Wish you were here! Now for your fall break, if you don't feel like writing, let a student do it for you. Since it is the end of the 9 weeks, post a really good piece of writing you got from one of your students or put your feet up and watch while he or she types it in.

1 Comments:

  • Katie, I love North Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, etc., particularly the mountainous areas. Wes and I have hiked waterfalls, slid down natural waterfalls, hiked various trails, and just fallen in love with the area. We need to get back that way sometime.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home