Blackwater Writing Project

October 08, 2007

Dream House?

Hmm, I'm not sure I have a dream house. I don't care much about living spaces. Now, I'd like to live downtown, preferably with a studio for Wes downstairs and a hot tub for me on the roof. I clearly need a hot tub. Just imagine the leadership team meetings we could have in our hot tub.

Beyond that, though, I don't much care about living spaces. I don't have a dream house. I have a dream maid, one who comes to my house every week to dust, vacuum, mop, iron clothes (right now, I use the dryer as my iron, but if I had a maid, things might be different), clean the toilet, clean the tub and shower, wash clothes, change the sheets. I particularly want someone to do the dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and bathroom cleaning. I'm getting better at de-cluttering the house, and I actually don't mind dishes and clothes (except that I'm seriously not ironing.)

Dream house, hmm? Here's something weird (imagine that--something weird about me) although I don't care that much about where we live, the house plans are one of the first things I check out in the Sunday paper, and I'm very critical of some of them. I don't really understand the need for a formal dining room, but then I'm not a formal person. I definitely like big bedrooms, big enough for a sitting room; if not, I want a home office, and I'm even willing to share it with Wes. (See how generous I can be.)

I don't want to live in a gated community, but I think I'm ready for a neighborhood. We live on Park Avenue, a big four-laned road, and I think I want to live somewhere I can walk on my street without having to go to the track--not that I know what it's like to go to the track right now. I haven't been in at least two weeks.

Hmm, dream houses? Just give me a maid, a stove that works well (hint, hint, Wes), and space, and I'm cool.

But if I have to come up with a dream house, it's anyplace at St. George Island. Any rich relatively listening? You can count it as a tax write-off. I'll use it for BWP meetings and writing retreats. I'll love you forever.

3 Comments:

  • So you don't really want a dream house, you want a full service wait staff...not a bad idea. Will the help prepare meals as well? Because if so, sign my up!

    By Blogger blindsi, at 7:33 PM  

  • Ooh, I forgot. After a dream maid, I want a dream chef, one who cooks delicious food on demand, but it's low-fat, low-calorie, and delicious. Is that an oxymoron? (delicious and low calorie)

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 7:36 PM  

  • You definitely need a large place for all those voices to be heard. But the hot tub sounds great. I have a deck, now have to save for it.

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home