Blackwater Writing Project

October 10, 2007

Dreamy House

Although hieghts give me vertigo, a tree house built in the thundering arms of a Live Oak would make me happy. I wouldn't have to water the plants because I'd be living in one...maybe I'd sprinkle the Restoration Ivy every once in a while just to see it plump up and turn green from the shrively grunge it is when too dry. I'd have a composting toilet and a japanese tub to soak in. Thunderstorms would literally rock the house. I guess we'd have to haul up the three dogs in a little doggie lift...have to check with my husband about that. I'd like to be near a river that never floods and has only vegetarian alligators.

I know a guy with a tree house on some obscure river towards St. George's Island (Donna!). There are a lot of steps, and when you reach the house part, it's three stories of very small sleeping spaces. I'd like something like that, only totally different.

In the meantime, I'll visit my friend's tree house and be content with my country house built in the 70's with a bathroom in a constant state of remodeling and my screened front porch. Hey Donna--did you know I have a hot tub????

1 Comments:

  • So when's the first committee meeting in the hot tub? Congrats!

    The tree house sounds cool--yours and your friends. Um, so no septic system, I'm guessing? Yeah, that might be roughing it a bit too much for me.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home