Blackwater Writing Project

October 08, 2007

My Dream House

Hmm, tough topic because like Katie, my dream house is constantly changing. Right now it consists of my house plus the baby furniture that hasn't come in yet. (If your joining on-line, this is my soap box for the night.) It wouldn't be a house anywhere else because then I'd have to move everything.

But if I really had a dream house, it would have certain characteristics, not definite design elements. I'd want it to be small enough that it didn't take a week to clean but big enough that we could have all of our friends over without feeling crowded. I want enough closet space to hold the things we have without encouraging me to buy too much more stuff. I want a yard large enough for a dog and my kids to play in, but small enough that I can keep it looking good. Yea, I know I don't want much.

Growing up with my dysfunctional family, I kind of decided that the house doesn't really matter. Don't get me wrong, there are some places I do NOT want to live. But I decided pretty early that the size of your house or the things in it aren't what make your family happy. My mom has a beautiful house, but it's a shoes off at the door, no food in the living room house. When I envision mydream house people are comfortable as soon as they walk in the door.

But my computer has decided I'm finished writing. Low battery flashed in my face and the charger is at the house. Stupid computer. My dream computer would never run out of battery.

2 Comments:

  • Just think about the leadership team meetings we could have at your place. I can't wait. Then we could take turns holding Peanut in between work.

    Any time something goes wrong, that will be our new mantra: Stupid computer! Adam will like it better than the one we decided on at the last meeting: Stupid Adam!

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 7:30 PM  

  • Your new mantra, the furniture will arrive, it will, it will. I understand not wanting to move. Just sell everything and take a small bag :-)

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home