Blackwater Writing Project

October 08, 2007

New Topic--Dream Home

When you were little, did you ever dream of what your home would look like? When I was a little girl, I remember writing a poem about a house that was made of jewels. (I've always liked bling!) It had emerald doors and ruby walls and was a magical place to be.

Growing up in the 70's my tastes changed. I wanted a log cabin settled in the middle of the woods, no neighbors for miles. I would sit by the crackling fire at night, read, and cuddle with my husband, whoever he was. We'd have horses, dogs, cats, and children that behaved and didn't get dirty.

I still don't have my dream home and I'm still thinking about it. What I want changes on a daily basis, but Alan has a clear image of what he wants. After the children are grown, he wants a one bedroom house with a slide that goes right into the pool, which is in the center of our house!
So, what is your perfect home? Has the picture changed through the years? Are you living in it now, or do you want to toss the home and go in search of American in an RV or an old VW Van?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home