Blackwater Writing Project

October 09, 2007

Dream Home

My dream home has changed a lot over the years. As a country bachelor, I wanted the ultimate country pad, with a log ceiling and speakers in the walls. It would be out in the country so far you would need to fill up before you started on a visit. Later, when I got married and had kids, it was the white, wood frame house with porch for days. It would be out in the country, but close enough to get to the store and hospital without a major trip. Now, I dream of a house with a huge kitchen, one large enough for me and my dearly beloved to cook wonderful meals without stepping on each other. The kitchen has become the heart of our home, where the kids hang out and we visit with company, but it is too small to handle all of the butts hanging out. You know, the kids (and adults) that lean over on the counter to talk while we are trying to cook. There is no way to create whilst running into all of those fannies! I guess my dream house would have enough room to entertain, having a twenty-butt kitchen with all the extras!

1 Comments:

  • Um, so I like the idea of a twenty-butt kitchen, but I'm scared a realtor would start checking out my rear end, trying to decide if it's as big as that of twenty other people. Or maybe just ten with the other ten attributed to Wes? Either way, it's a scary thought.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home