Blackwater Writing Project

October 17, 2007

Fall Break

Katie's fall break sounds far better than mine was. I stayed here in Valdosta, grading papers, writing comments, planning classes. I'm re-reading Taming of the Shrew, which I haven't read since I was an undergraduate. So funny!

I have a long list of things I must accomplish within the next two days, but I don't know how to get it all done--stuff for BWP, stuff for classes, stuff for committees. "I think I can; I think I can," I remind myself.

Fall Break has come and gone, but it brought cooler weather. Wes and I walked last night in pleasant temperatures, but I didn't enjoy the misting rain. We had to finish the walk we cut short yesterday morning because it was getting late.

Ooh, I have WONDERFUL news! Wes booked a wedding in Athens, Greece. Yep, you heard me: Athens, Greece. I always thought of myself as the traveler, teaching in London, visiting Paris, studying in India. Wes sometimes accompanied me when he could, but now he's the one with travel plans, and I'm the one asking to come along. I'll need to work, helping him at the wedding, but it's in Greece. I'll be checking out the Parthenon, visiting Greek islands. Actually, I don't even know what I'll be doing. I need to get a guide book for Greece, but I can't afford to have one in the house right now. I'd waste too much time making plans when I need to be grading. Once I'm caught up, I'll stop by Books-A-Million and get a guidebook. Greece, yay! It won't be fall break or even spring break, but it'll be Greece, and that will make it spring break even though it comes in the middle of the semester.

Okay, I'm smiling again. I have a lot of work to do, but there's some pretty fantastic rewards heading my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home