Blackwater Writing Project

July 23, 2007

Saddle Up! Writing Contest for the Brave and Bold

Ok, the time has come for me to start getting things stirred up. I know I'm a little early in the saddle, but I hate being left at the barn. So, let's just throw something fun right out there.

By now your palms should be sweating and your head should be spinning. School is right around the corner. Mixed with those new packs of paper, wild neon papers, and pointy new crayons of a bazillion colors is also a little fear. Yes, let's just go ahead and admit it; we all have that first day anxiety. What I want from you are you teacher dreams. You know those nightmares that leave you breathless on the side of the bed. Or the ones that make you kick your partner in the middle of the night. The really scary ones that bring beads of sweat on your forehead.
The format doesn't matter, poem or prose. . . . . . .whatever. You can even stretch the truth a little; I'll never know. Just write!

This time I will be the only judge, so impress me! The winning teacher will get a back to school surprise in the mail. I need all entries by Saturday of this week. I will post the winner by Sunday night and that--by the way--will be when I post the topic of the week. To get his/her prize, the winner must send his/her address to my e-mail: keyles@atc.cc Savvy? Capture them dreams, my maties! (Oh and don't pretend you're not out there. I can smell ya scurvy dogs!)

1 Comments:

  • Katie,
    We must be swamped. I feel so overwhelmed with my fall schedule... I'm teaching at a new school with a new grade level and many more changes. Hopefully, the first week's frenzy will soon be over and we can all catch our breaths. Thanks for posting!!
    Sheri

    By Blogger Sheri, at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home