Blackwater Writing Project

June 19, 2007

Blessings and Curses. . .

Blessed with blue eyes and cursed with big hips.
Blessed with intelligence and cursed with a big mouth!
Blessed with patience when I need it and
Cursed with impatience at times.

Blessed with beautiful children
Children with integrity and substance
Somewhere they learned to think for themselves
An education
Two college degrees, one tech school diploma
And one still working on hers
Great jobs
The desire to do what they think is right
Even when it isn’t popular
But also, the ability to know that you
Just can’t change some people.

Blessed with one beautiful granddaughter (so far)
Tall and skinny with blue eyes and blond hair, she is all attitude!
Loyal and true, she loves me unconditionally.
She and I can disagree,
but don’t you dare try it.
While she is around,
Miss Hanna, with a little head action,
will quickly tell you
That you can take your lip somewhere else!
Four foot two, about fifty pounds (soaking wet)
She rounds up her shoulders, puts her hands on her hips
And dares anyone to argue!

Blesssed with a great husband
Who I tell my students that
I have wrapped.
Six foot two and eyes of green
Slightly balding blond hair
And a 34” waist
He looks good (to me anyway!)
Both blessed with jobs that we love
We share our lives.
Ducking in and out as we
Work and play.

Writing this poem,
I realize that life is good.
The curses don’t really matter
When you have been so blessed.
Life is definitely good!

1 Comments:

  • Clearly, you are blessed, though I don't see the big hips (and you might want to remove the suggestion that your husband's only handsome to you). I think you should share pictures of Hannah.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home