Blackwater Writing Project

October 12, 2009

Fall

Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. For some reason, I feel that love is more in the air than any other time of year. I have such wonderful memories of going to the fair in October, going to the Expo, and having field parties on crisp fall nights. All of my significant relationships began in the fall, so I guess that is one reason I think of it as such a romantic time.

One fall at the fair, I went with my girlfriend who was just getting over mono. Well, like an idiot, I drank after her (can you believe I did that???). A week or so later, I developed mono and felt like I would die a slow and painful death. Maybe that is when my fear of germs started. Who knows.

This year, we are trying something new. Usually I got to the mountains in the fall, but we are going to the beach this coming weekend. According to the weather man, there is a cool front moving in, so we may not do much swimming. Regardless, I can't wait to experience the beach during fall.

1 Comments:

  • I just thought of something else. While we were in Oklahoma two weekends ago, apparently fall arrived. When we left South Georgia, it was 90 degrees. It was 50 in Oklahoma. All I took were tank tops and shorts, so we went to Ross for me to try and find something warm to wear. I bought a sweat shirt and sweat pants to wear, but I was continually troubled by the fact that I couldn't wash them. I tried to rationalize that by the time I bought them, they slept in the bag overnight, and I wore them the next day, any "bugs" would be dead. What made matters worse was that the return trip took longer than expected, making us spend the night in Birmingham. So, I had to wear that same set of clothes again or risk freezing to death. I'm not sure which is worse - death by freezing or death by dirty clothes!!

    By Blogger Mary Poppins, at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home