Blackwater Writing Project

June 26, 2009

An Oops moment fix

I’m so having a hard time with this topic. I am in random mode this morning. I’m thinking about the cards that are made for parents that you can leave at restaurants. Basically, they apologize for all the oops that your kids do. Oh, my kid poured out all the salt. Oops. My kid threw all the sweetener on the floor. Oops. My kid stabbed the person behind us with a fork, oops. My kid spilled his water all over the table. Oops. So, you leave the card behind and it apologizes for your kid. Great idea!

What about when I accidentally blew the horn at a woman at a stop sign, thinking she was in another world. I was the one in another world. I had my radio on too loud and couldn’t hear the ambulance careening toward us. That is what we need, an Oops button. When you are on the road and you do something dumb, you just press that button and people know you didn’t mean to do it. That way they know you weren’t trying to be rude or mean.

5 Comments:

  • I just remembered that my husband had an oops moment. He accidentally drove through the Brandenburg gate in Germany. Not supposed to do that. German police were not happy.

    By Blogger Mary Poppins, at 9:14 AM  

  • Just from a waitress' perspective, I would be highly offended if parents left a huge mess, then left me a card apologizing. Would it take that much more time to clean up? Not having children, but having had to clean up the disgusting messes some parents leave behind makes me sick. Just a different perspective for you =)

    By Blogger Mrs. Dyess, at 9:18 AM  

  • The cards are quite cute, and by the time my kids have destroyed a restaurant, all I want to do is get out.

    By Blogger Mary Poppins, at 9:22 AM  

  • I've never thought of an "oops" button. However, I have longed for a "rewind" button, which is about the same thing.

    By Blogger bpd, at 10:59 AM  

  • I think Bill Engvall had a song about that: "Here's Your Sign."

    By Blogger Jules, at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home