Blackwater Writing Project

January 15, 2008

Quiet Holidays

A trip to Gulfport for Thanksgiving was eventful. My son's in-laws joined us, and they are quite as insane as us, a nice revelation. It was a quiet weekend though. A couple of weeks later I graduated, a minor accomplishment haha! Parents visited, lots of cards, tea, and crosswords. A quiet Chrsitmas, hubby lost a job, but he got another one today.

Well that was boring. I suppose that is my life really. I have loads to do and always keep busy, but it is just routine stuff. I need to have a vacation where the fun is unplanned and inconceivable.

So what shall I write about??? My grandson has a first tooth, and since my son will be going to Afghanistan this year, and his wife and baby will be living in LA, I do not know when I will get to see him.

My hubby's new job is in Dothan, so he will be traveling back and forth. Not much chance to visit family with a schedule like that.

Donna is walking baby Anna around, anything to try and keep her occupied while Lindsi writes. Only one 15 layer pice of chocolate cake touched this group tonight, a few lonely looking crumbs scattered around a small mouthful are reminders of what was. The fork lies prongs up waiting for a hand to hold it and scoop up a crumb or two, but it appears as if the wait will be in vain.

OK, I truly have no idea what to write, I am all over the place tonight and caanot seem to get a focus on anything that grabs at me as needing to be said to the world at large.

1 Comments:

  • Apparently, the cake garnered lots of attention from all. Thank goodness Wes doesn't read the blog--I'm supposed to be on a diet! (I think I can; I think I can.) Apparently, I think I can eat chocolate cake.

    Oh well. My favorite line is the reference to the insane in-laws being "a nice revelation." I didn't see that coming.

    I'm glad Write Nights have resumed. I've missed you, and email's not the same--even our frantic emails when the newsletter is due.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home