Blackwater Writing Project

November 04, 2007

New Topic--Routine

With all these new beautiful babies coming into the picture, the word routine is popping up a lot.
We all know babies thrive on routine. Children in general do better with routine. I think it is probably a way for them to feel some control over this big ole world. There is some security in knowing what will happen next.

I have never been much of a routine person--which makes me wonder why I selected teaching for a profession. I am one who likes routine for a little bit, but then I want to jump out of the schedule and run to new places. I guess I never got the 60's and 70's completely out of my blood.

However, one routine I think is cool is Sunday morning. You know, the one that begins with pancakes, two cups of coffee, and the Sunday paper. There is something exciting about the Sunday paper. It is big a full of surprises. I even love smelling the Sunday paper. Ok, so that's a little weird, but it hurls me back to wonderful memories. So then, after the Sunday paper, there is church, eating out, and naps on the sofa during the football games. So, are you a routine person or not. Do you have a favorite routine--one that makes you feel all cozy inside? Get those fingers tapping the keys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home