Blackwater Writing Project

November 08, 2007

Madison Claire

This is Madison Claire Gaither. She was born on October 25, 2007. She weighed 6 lbs 5 ozs and 18 inches long. It has been a long and trying couple of weeks. We spent 5 days in the hospital. When she was born, her cord was wrapped around her neck three times. As a result, she was stressed and spent a day and a half in the NUK unit. Since, she has had several test run and two CT Scans. I believe that everything will be fine and tomorrow we will find out all the results. I truly believe that the stress of being born made her have all these problems.

We have been home for a little over a week and she has been doing great. She poops, eats, and sleeps. She is very sweet and quiet. Micah loves her and wants to hold her all the time. Yesterday I think he had a moment. He said, "I have a little sister." I just laughed and asked him if he was just realizing that.

Congratulations to Lindsi. She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her. You look really good and I hope you are doing well after the C-section. I had a C-section and the second one is much easier to recover from.

I hope everyone is well and I hope to see everyone soon.

5 Comments:

  • Amanda she is beautiful! I hope everything continues to go well. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    By Blogger blindsi, at 3:08 PM  

  • Look at Maddie... she's precious! Congrats on a beautiful daughter.

    By Blogger breahnj, at 9:29 PM  

  • Yep, she's beautiful. I'm glad she's back at home with you and your family.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 11:19 AM  

  • Has anyone else stopped seeing Madison's picture? It's no longer pulling up for me on the blog.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 11:19 AM  

  • Yep, picture quit! Congratulations to all our "New Mommy's"!

    By Blogger Joel F, at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home