Blackwater Writing Project

January 15, 2008

Pictionary

Okay, now that I'm home, I'm trying to do my Write Night entry. I asked Wes what he remembered from the holidays, and he said, "Pictionary."

"Pictionary?" I wondered, then remembered the Christmas Eve game in Albany. I guess we've played Pictionary the last two years, so now it's a tradition. We build traditions quickly in our family. We also realized this year that we had been making candy for about twenty years--that's one of the more longstanding traditions in my family.

Okay, back to Pictionary. This year, I decided not to play. Instead, I helped our nephew in case he wasn't sure what a word was. Wes teamed up with our niece, putting the artist and the brain on the same team. Of course, they won, and now they're not allowed to work together any more.

There were some moments of brilliance, though. Wes drew a house. In one room he put a toilet and a shower. The shower was dripping water. My niece shouted out, "House of bathing." The clue was bathroom, but the ensuing laughter prevented any more guesses. Later my nephew drew a house with money symbols in it, and his partner shouted, "House of money." They never got bank out of that one either.

Okay, I can't write anymore because we turned on American Idol, so now we're busy laughing at the people who don't know they can't sing. (I can't sing at all, but I know that, so I don't sing in public.) Gotta go laugh.

2 Comments:

  • Donna, You are soooo right about American Idol. It is hilarious. Some of the people that audition must have lots of courage. LOL!

    Kim

    By Blogger Kim, at 8:02 PM  

  • I don't watch, but I do like to attempt to sing. Of course it is when I am alone LOL Although a builder (making my deck) asked who was singing one day LOL I had hoped the music was loud enough to drown me out OOPS!

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home