Blackwater Writing Project

September 23, 2007

Hey there. I have thought about you all often. I have been pretty busy. My every intention was to log on and post during write night. I forgot.

Let's see. What has been going on with me? The most recent news is that I am experiencing balance challenges. At school we have be doing step aerobics and I have had to hold on to items along the wall to keep from falling over. Well, Wednesday I was not as lucky. I stumbled, tripped and fell in my classroom. If I weren't in so much pain I would have been embarassed. I hyper-extended my shoulder, and bruised my knee. I might have felt better if I had been doing something more spectacular than just walking from one place to the other. We made it to the ER and the doctor was totally disgusted with me. Apparently I wasn't hurt enough for him because he told me to go back to work and led the orderly to believe that I would be out soon, without any help. This is what I gathered from his surprise to hear that I needed a woman to help me redress. Ultimately, the doctor recommended that I rest at home for two days. I went back to work on Friday but am still nursing my shoulder. Any sudden movements bring the memory of the fall crashing back. I am fine though. Jonathan is fine. He started moving around while I was in the waiting room and the labor and delivery nurses came down to check his heart tones. They said that he sounded strong and that I should be careful.


On a lighter note, Jerome would like to know when we are getting together with the blackwater crew for another "night on the town." I don't remember if we had planned to go out once a month or every three months. Anyway, we miss you guys. :)

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you and the baby are okay. You should have tripped that doctor...or let Jerome glare at him. That could be scary! Don't you hate it when someone tells you to be careful...like you're not already aware of how foreign your body is right now.

    By Blogger blindsi, at 7:20 PM  

  • I'm glad you're okay, but step aerobics? Really? Okay, there are really no excuses for me not to haul my butt up to the track and walk in circles.

    I haven't heard from Amanda in a while. I hope everything's okay. We may end up skipping September since it's already so late and just shoot for an October get-together. I miss everyone too.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home