Blackwater Writing Project

September 10, 2007

Write Night

Favorites: Hmm, well, I just tried the smoked turkey and muenster cheese at Hildegard's, and that may become a new favorite. It was pretty tasty. I wolfed it down while Vicki educated Diana and me about ESL pedagogy and problems therein (work on the thesis) and while Rebecca calmly wrote with her iPod as a sound barrier.

Okay, time to write. Favorites, hmm, okay, I'll start with a list:
  • Favorite show: Law & Order, pretty much all of them.
  • Favorite Showtime series: The Tudors. It shows a hot Henry VIII before he became a fat tyrant.
  • Favorite pen: Pilot G2. Thanks, Adam, for introducing them to me. The problem is that the ink runs out pretty quickly. Or maybe--as my students and Wes insist--I just write too much.
  • Favorite historian: Alison Weir. I love all her texts about the Tudors. I think I've read them all. I recently finished a book about Catherine Medici. I really need to get to the Paperback Rack to get some junk novels. I'm tired of reading stuff that's good for me.
  • Favorite essayist: David Sedaris. I love everything he has ever written.
  • Favorite photographer: guess!
  • Favorite trip soon to be taken: NWP Fall Meeting in New York. I'm so excited that so many teacher leaders are going.
  • Favorite class: English 2000, Writing for Teachers. (I don't really think of the Summer Institute as a class.)
  • Favorite music: I know it's completely cheesy, but I have to tap my feet to 80s music. "Tainted Love"--come on, doesn't everyone like that song?
  • Favorite part of the Summer Institute: freewriting and sharing.

Okay, I'm running our of steam. I need someone else to pose the questions. Then I'll answer. Usually, writing leads me to think of stories to tell, but not tonight. Tonight I was too stressed about getting here on time (didn't make it), too worried about taking the time to get my laptop from Wes (he met me at my car to hand it to me), too stressed about students asking me questions after class, too worried about the fifty notebooks in my car I need to check before Wednesday, too queasy about my eye appointment in the morning (I think I may need bifocals, but I didn't think I was that old).

Plus, Diana has already posted--she posted before I even arrived. What's up with that? I guess I'll move on to reading.

2 Comments:

  • I was here before you so of course I posted. Next time oh mighty leader I shall await your arrival with bated breath.

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 7:11 PM  

  • Well, sounds like you need to take your favorites list and pick a few things off of it to relieve the stress list. When are all of you going to New York? Hope it is a fun trip!

    By Blogger kade, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home