Blackwater Writing Project

July 19, 2007

Theory on the True Cause of Global Warming

Hot, hot, hot was the topic of tonight's writing session. During the course of my ramblings, I believe I may have stumbled on the cause of global warming. It's a theory that bears consideration and here is how I developed it:

I’ve come to the conclusion that the hot weather induces other behaviors to heat up. Hot flashes seem to be worse and more frequent in the uber-hot days of summer. Hot flashes are like stepping into the blast furnace and turning the heat up just a little bit more. It was during a particularly hot night mixed with raging hot flashes that I was struck by a blinding flash of the obvious…why not put an ice pack on my neck to cool myself down. Eureka! Not only does this stop the hot flash but it cools me down from the heat. That was my “hot idea” for a “cool night” of sleep.

Speaking of hot flashes, I think I may have just stumbled onto a plausible cause of global warming. Forget about the fossil fuel emissions, cow and sheep methane emissions, deforestation, think for a moment about the aging population in America. The Baby Boomers are entering menopause and if you factor in the heat emissions from all of those hot flashes, the earth’s climate is bound to be effected. At least my hot flashes feel like they are candidates for melting the polar ice caps. Talk about your “Inconvenient Truth,” while many criticize Al Gore’s movie as based in junk science, I really think I’m on to something that hasn’t even been explored. I wonder if I could get the Nobel Prize for my theory on the effects of hot flashes on global warming. If this were the cause of global warming, then maybe the scientific/medical community would develop as safe, reliable method of alleviating hot flashes.

4 Comments:

  • Send an editorial to the paper. I really love this idea, it solves so many issues in one fell swoop.

    By Blogger Diana Chartier, at 9:23 PM  

  • I just may do that. Everyone I've told it to has had a good laugh and then thought about it. Hmmm.

    By Blogger Buttercup, at 1:14 PM  

  • I'm gonna float your theory with Wes's family next week when we're at the beach--I'll let you know what they think.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:03 PM  

  • I just read your post, and I think there is serious merit to your theory...

    By Blogger blindsi, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home