Blackwater Writing Project

June 28, 2007

Pet Peeves

Every time I hear the phrase "pet peeve" it makes me laugh.

This stems directly from the Sifl & Olly show. (As Donna C said, "So, you're a puppet person..."

Yes, it's true. I really, really love puppets. The Muppet Show was one of my favorite things growing up, and I've honestly never grown out of it.

But back to my original story... Sifl & Olly have a character named Chester on their show, and Chester gets interviewed during several shows. Hilarity always ensues.


During one interview, Olly asks Chester what his pet peeves are. Chester replies, "What's a peeve?" And later asks, "Why is it a pet?" Then he starts rambling, "I had this hamster once... scratched me..."


Now any time I hear the phrase "pet peeve," I can't help picturing Chester and laughing.





(For those not "in the know," which is probably everyone else in this room, the picture below is from the "Fake Blood" song when Olly decides he is "going to become the next Canadian Dracula." Sifl counters, "You're not even Canadian!" To which Olly replies, "Well... I'm not Dracula either, but I got what it takes..."



Olly then launches into a musical rant about how he's started out slowly, preparing himself to be a vampire by drinking fake blood. He's been putting fake blood on sundaes, his toothbrush, and at one point waters flowers with fake blood from a watering can. He swears that "Fake blood... you scare me like the real thing, but if you were the real thing, you'd scare me more.")

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the clarification. I had no clue on the puppets, but the fake blood thing intrigues me.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home