Blackwater Writing Project

June 28, 2007

Pet Peeves or Things That Just Make Me Mad

So, I started listing things in my journal and realized I may be an angry person. There seem to be numerous things that get me riled up, which isn't really a surprise except it took me a surprisingly short amount of time to form my list! So here is just a sampling of the things that annoy me or just make me mad when I'm at school. The social issues were too numerous to list.
-Gapers-you know the people who don't seem capable of closing their mouths. It makes me hope a bug will fly in and bite the back of their throat.
-Mouth breathers-that one kid you can hear in the middle of a test. Uhh! If you can't breathe out your nose, well fine, but breathe out your mouth silently.
-Girls that want to use classtime to take their weave out
-Girls who put on their make-up in class
-Students calling my name over and over until I answer them
-Stupid questions-yes, there are stupid questions
-Whiners
-Pregnant students who insist on giving each other baby showers
-Parents who don't think their child is capable of doing anything wrong
-Administrators who change the rules for certain kids

The list could go on, but you might think I'm mean. I'd hate to ruin the beautiful image you have of me now.

5 Comments:

  • OK, you might be a little angry, but I agree with all of your pet peeves. I guess this makes me angry too. Well, we're pregnant. That's our excuse.

    By Blogger agaither, at 9:08 AM  

  • I'm sitting next to you and I started to get nervous. I hope I'm not breathing too loud! I don't think you're angry; I just think you're funny. Thanks for all you've done to make this summer a good one.

    By Blogger kade, at 9:11 AM  

  • Nope, your mouth is not open and you don't sound like you're about to lose consciousness. Come to think of it, maybe my kids sound like that because they're about to lose consciousness...nah, couldn't have anything to do with my teaching, could it???

    By Blogger blindsi, at 9:14 AM  

  • Oh, I am completely with you about the name thing! I just want to say, "I've heard you the first time, but I'm choosing to ignore you." Wait - I have said that. And to add to the student pet peeves, how about the one that insists on tapping on your arm nonstop until you turn around and acknowledge them?

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:14 AM  

  • I thumped that kid this year. When he said he was going to go home and tell I offered him my cell phone, but told him I wanted to speak to his grandmother when he was finished. End of conversation.

    By Blogger blindsi, at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home