Blackwater Writing Project

September 14, 2010

Falling Down from Exhaustion

I apologize in advance for my totally disconnected thoughts, but I wanted to participate in Write Night even though I'm about to fall asleep. This is my last semester of classes (hopefully) before Comps, and I am still trying to figure out how to balance nine hours. (I don't know how other people do it. And I'm single.) I think that I have my one face-to-face class figured out, and I'm finally on a working schedule for my independent study. (Donna, I have finished Milkweed and am halfway through Maus.) That only leaves the Spanish class. The one that I have to pass with a B to graduate. I was excited because I thought that I was on schedule to get all my work done. Then I realized that there were audio boards and discussion questions on GOML that I had failed to complete. Add to that the pressure of being out for training Thursday and knowing I have a presentation next week. Oh, and a 5k and something we like to call Donna's baby shower. Crazy me, I also signed up to use the computer lab for three days next week because I didn't want to wait until the end of the nine weeks to publish.

No matter how busy that I am, I carve out time to run. I have become accustomed to waiting until after 8 to take Lorelai out for our run. Tonight there was a nice little breeze that added a little resistance. But I'll take that over humidity any day.

I love fall. Being a girl, I love getting to wear scarves and Uggs, although I would wear them in 90 degree heat, too. Fall reminds me of when I was a cheer coach in Douglas and the Friday nights that I spent with 20 teenage girls, many of which are now married and having children. For some reason that is always what I associate with fall.

1 Comments:

  • I totally get your frustration with school. I almost walked away from the Ed. Program several times in the last few weeks. I keep telling myself that I could spend this valuable time finishing my English Master's and teach at a college.

    Hope it gets better.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home