Blackwater Writing Project

September 14, 2010

Falling/Stumbling

Well, this big belly out front has me completely off balance, so now I hold on to the rail when I walk up stairs, and I stumble on a regular basis. I probably look like an old woman when I walk, more like an old woman weeble since I wobble too.

On a completely unrelated side note, Rebecca, there's a fireman on Wipeout tonight, and the female host said she'd always wanted to be carried by a firefighter, so she was. Maybe that's the next line you can use, perhaps in D.C. at the fire station across from the hotel? Just an idea . . .

Okay, back to clumsy. Yep, that's me: clumsy. But I'm not sure what else to say about it.

Maybe I'll try to remember some spectacular falls:
  • falling on the sidewalk on Georgia Avenue while leaving the Honors House
  • wiping out on the snow in such a spectacular fashion that my skis ended up very far apart, one stuck upright in the snow, and my face stuck down in the snow--Wes wasn't sure I survived that one (but it wasn't a great as his own snowboard wipeouts on that trip, earning him the nickname Uncle Snowplow)
  • falling down the front steps of Nevins Hall in the rain wearing flip flops, a fall that led to knee surgery because I reinjured the knee I hurt climbing a volcano in Greece
  • not really a fall, but I did run into a pole and give myself a concussion when arguing with Wes about who was going into Baskin Robins to get us some ice cream--of course, no one got ice cream after that injury

Hmm, there haven't been as many falls as I thought, but I am clumsy, especially now, and a bit whiny. Remember that old cheer: "My feet are aching, my pants too tight, my hips are shaking from left to right . . ." Um, I'm not sure how that leads into a cheer for any team, but I have this vague memory that it does. Let me see what a Google search turns up . . .

I found a few references to the cheer, but not as many as I thought, and the words are slightly different than I remember. Anyway, that's kind of how I feel: my feet are aching, my back is aching, my belly is too tight, I'm uncomfortable in most positions, whine, whine, whine. I'm ready for October 13 to get here or for the boys to arrive early. I'd like to hit thirty-five weeks and for the boys to hit six pounds each, but at that point, I'd love for them to get impatient and come on.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn my post into a whine, but that's where it went. Oh well . . .

3 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry you don't feel well Donna. If it helps I fall all the time and I don't have a big belly throwing off my balance. Although my rear is incredibly huge. Which may explain why my balance has been off for 25 years.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 10:08 PM  

  • Man, I can't believe you're almost ready to deliver those boys! I can't wait to meet them.

    As for balance... I don't have the pregnancy excuse, either. I'm just a klutz. Plain and simple. I've had some great falls, too. In fact, I'm an expert at falling UP stairs. Haha.

    By Blogger Carrie Beth, at 10:16 PM  

  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one that watches WipeOut! I do believe I'm addicted and everytime I watch I swear I'm losing brain cells...

    By Blogger Amy, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home