Blackwater Writing Project

June 26, 2009

Oops, the Random Version

Okay, that is the lamest title ever, but I didn't want to have the exact same title as anyone else. I think Carrie Beth was just dancing to Brittany's "Oops, I did it again." Actually, I'm not sure what she was dancing to, but I almost cried watching her and watching Nikki and Jennifer laugh. Fun times, fun times.

I'm kind of in wrap-up mode now even though we still have almost a full week.

Yay, the meds were remembered. I forgot we planned to write that on the board under the topic.

Heidi, can I just say, "Yum!" I love asiago cheese bagels. [On a side note, the spellchecker on Blogger wanted me to replace "asiago" with "Asian."] My favorite lazy day activity is to sleep in and then go to Atlanta Bread Company for an asiago cheese bagel, seared, with cream cheese. Yum. Although it hasn't been a lazy day, the bagel rocked! I don't care what Jennifer says about a foot smell.

Yep, I'm the goober who forgot to mute my phone. How embarrassing! Oh well, it was my Southern white Asian peep, letting me know she is back in the building.

I wonder what Full Throttle tastes like. I noticed Wendy drinks it every morning. I've never had any.

I wonder if Lindsi wants to do the BWP Recovery Plan starting the Monday after the ISI ends, maybe replacing breakfast with a two-mile trek around Valdosta Middle School at 7:30 a.m.? I certainly have to start getting some exercise into my day and return to starting my day with a granola bar instead of a splendid spread. I still think, though, that the splendid spread is an important part of community--something about breaking bread together.

I wonder what will matter to this group after we disburse in July . . . writing retreats? Write Night? pot-luck dinners? responding groups? a children's story club? a poetry group? happy hour? professional writing retreats? conference presentations? Saturday seminars? I wonder what I'm missing, what we should offer that I haven't considered. Each group has its own identity, and yet we also need a way to connect people across groups, to let 2009 Fellows meet 2008 Fellows and 2007 Fellows and 2006 Fellows and 1995 Fellows. Okay, that's just too much to think about right now. I'll return to it later.

3 Comments:

  • I am so glad you are on random mode also. I couldn't quite focus today. However, the asagio (is that right?) cheese bagels are awesome!! I love them too, but I'm used to them from Panera Bread Company. They are the same. And, I too will have to come up with a recovery plan, but we are going to Disney for 7 days, and all meals are already covered. Each meal includes dessert. Oh my goodness.

    By Blogger Mary Poppins, at 9:08 AM  

  • Two mile treks sound like a great idea. And a much needed one!

    By Blogger blindsi, at 9:14 AM  

  • I'm so glad I can be such a source of entertainment for all... : )

    I do want to stay connected after all this is said and done. I like all of your suggestions... let's do! I'll help plan some stuff! ; ) And I do want to mix and mingle with the other Fellows from previous years... I think that would be super fun!

    By Blogger Carrie Beth, at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home