Blackwater Writing Project

March 05, 2009

Game, Set, Match

Rebecca's been playing on the Wii, and I've been avoiding it. It was supposed to be my fun exercise, but I've been traveling too much, and it's a bit bulky to take with me. I've been back since Tuesday and haven't been on it except to weigh, which is really not fun after traveling a lot. Apparently, I'm still superstitious, believing that calories don't count when I travel. Plus, we just finished a round of BWP interviews, which usually involves eating out, drinking lots of coffee, and stressing myself out over the decisions we have to make. And surely everyone knows that stress prompts stupid eating. Let me just say that I excel at stupid eating. Other people may kick butt at Monopoly or Wii bowling, but not me, although I did earn over 400 points in Wii soccer (just to give you a new goal, Rebecca).

I'm not sure where I'm going with this except that I feel compelled to write on the blog since I missed Write Night. I think it's the first one I've missed in the three years of Write Night. Shame, shame, shame. Of course, even worse than missing Write Night is inviting new BWP Fellows without setting them up to be able to write on the blog. To make it even worse, I didn't have Internet access, so no one could get in touch with me to fix the problem. When I mess up, I do it right. (Go, Donna, it's your birthday--actually, it's not, but I like that little chant.) Well, I have since invited all the people who asked me to do so, and I hope that takes care of the problem for a while.

What else should I write? I don't know. I'm rambling incoherently and on the Internet for everyone to see. That's smart, isn't it? In addition, I'll print this entry and put it in my notebook for my 1101 students to see. Oh, my 1101 students, I don't want to go there right now. Some of them are breaking my heart--or at least scarring it just a little.

Usually, I write longer entries, but so far this entry is making me feel like a failure, so maybe I should wrap it up. No point in depressing anyone who bothers to read it . . . Can you tell today it's midterm at VSU? Last day to drop the class. I keep checking my 1101 class in hopes that some will do so. I will miss them, but I want them to save their GPAs.

Hmm, let's see, I've complained about my weight, about traveling too much, about screwing up Write Night, about students who make bad grades. Surely, I can find a good note to end on.

I went to the beach. I went to the beach. I went to the beach. I love the beach. Granted, it was very cold, but a cold day at the beach beats a warm day in Valdosta. Plus, I bought some new shoes, spent some lovely time with friends and family, and hung out in the hot tub at least once every day. I went to the beach! Yay, me.

2 Comments:

  • Actually, reading your blog encouraged me to write mine. A stream of consciousness was acceptable. Yaay! As far as your comment on mine about texting, I suppose if I had a cell phone, it would be something that I would do. Going the cheap route with a paid service phone, I do not use it. In fact, I or Reba have lost the phone. Maybe if I call the number . . . maybe if I remembered the number . . . Oh well. Glad to be with ya'll. BTW, I made my photo albums on NY and Nashville public at my Facebook site if anyone wants to see my bad photography.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:46 AM  

  • Awesome. I'm going to Facebook right now to look at the pictures!

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home