Blackwater Writing Project

March 04, 2009

Games

Well, when I was a child, I didn't like games, too afraid I would make a mistake or look foolish. Now, I have learned to be myself, and hide those insecurities where only I know they still whisper. As I have gotten older, I find I am not just more willing to take chances, I am actually competitive and have to be careful.

When I had my kids, it was like a new beginning for me. I could be silly and I had an excuse. Kids didn't care whether I was worried about how it looked, in fact, for them, the sillier the better. So, my kids allowed me regress as I got older and in the process learned to enjoy myself.

A few years ago, my sister visited, and on a whim, the calling of the trampoline was answered. Well, you never saw such a sight, both of us were a little larger than we should have been, but neither had ever been on a trampoline. Those pictures were burned LOL The following year, I got on again, this time with my parents, well, you never saw such a spectacle. In the process of allowing myself to play and have fun, my own kids have kept their ability to do things that might not be just so so for teens, but they know it is great to have a lairy five minutes and enjoy moment.

I always bought board games for my kids at Christmas, but as they got older they were more into video and electronic games. I have a hard time with those, since I am about blind in one eye and can barely see out of the other. I like to play scrabble and backwords, but no one else I know will play them they say I cheat LOL Of sourse I don't, but I also do not like to lose and definitely expand my word base as needed.

There are some scrabble games online, but I haven't had a chance to play lately. I took on 3 classes and am playing at catch up. I swear one day as I came in the back door I saw my rear end head out the front door. . .

Of course there are a lot of other games I play, but fornow I will keep those to myself *wink, wink* LOL

And on that note, I had better be off and go play at being a student and write these blasted drop in lesson plans for the reading class. Do those professors really think we can pick and choose and rearrange our schedules at their whim?? Evidently, the answer to that is a resounding yes. Good this the first degree you ever get is in BS, we need it to survive the rest.

1 Comments:

  • Do you still have the trampoline? That might be a good BWP excursion. The pictures would definitely be funny. Growing up, I always thought people with trampolines were rich.

    Just on a side note, I really like that use of "whispers" early in the draft. Good stuff.

    By Blogger Donna Sewell, at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home